This year, Father’s Day falls on Sunday, June 19th, 2011. The holiday always falls on the third Sunday of June in the United States. Thinking of a gift for your father can be hard sometimes. You don’t want to get him a generic, boring present, or “the usual”. If you don’t know the list of typical Father’s Day gifts, here it is:
- A “World’s Best Dad” coffee mug
- Things for golf, or things that have to do with golf
- A restaurant gift card
- A picture frame with a picture of you and family members
Although these gifts can be appreciated by any father, they are mostly boring, not creative, and repetitive. You should get more creative with the things you can get, or do, for him on this special holiday to show your appreciation. Here is a list of some things that you can use as a base of your present, adding your own personal touches along the way:
- Instead of buying golf accessories, create a miniature golf course in your backyard. It doesn’t have to be a perfect miniature golf course, but it will be fun for the whole family! An economical person demonstrates on YouTube how to create one for under $10.
- Make him a feast with all his favorite foods and desserts
- Have a personalized hat made with his favorite team on it
- Put together a gift basket with beers, BBQ sauces, and seasonings for food
- You can get something with a personal engraving on it such as a lighter, business card holder, or a watch
These are just some of the things off the top of my head; you could get even more creative and do something amazing for him. Fathers Day is a holiday to show your appreciation for your father. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on the holiday, since you can show your appreciation for your father in so many ways. So get creative and come up with something he will cherish!