About Flower Blossoms
Interview with the co-founders of Flower Blossoms
- What are your names?
Rick Montoya and Francis M. Unson
- What is the name of your business?
- What year did you establish your business?
Conception: December 1, 2009
Launch date: January 15, 2010
- How did you go about getting your business started?
Rick – This was an idea that I’ve had for the last 25 years: to join consumers with companies that provide products, services, promotions and employment in the Santa Clarita Valley. Now, the technology is here to be able to provide these things through social media.
Francis – I had envisioned a marketing and promotions system that linked the industrial and commercial zones together with the consumers of the Santa Clarita Valley. Rick and I saw the rise in social media websites, such as Facebook and Twitter, which provided a vehicle to promote local businesses, especially those with a limited online presence, and that is how Flower Blossoms started.
- What is the niche that makes you stand out above everybody else?
To be able to respond immediately to our clients’ requests such as promotions, services and employment opportunities.
- What products and/or services do you offer?
We setup a “social network profile” for our clients using business cards, photos of the business establishment, owners, and key personnel for recognition in the community, and interviews. We also schedule blogs and Tweets throughout the day.
- What kind of promotions do you offer? What kind of promotions would you like to offer?
We do not have any scheduled promotions at this time. We would like to offer a drawing to be held at each of the events we are promoting this year.
- What do you like about working in the Santa Clarita Valley?
We have been longtime residents of the area and have found that the local businesses and the people in the area are like one, big family working towards making our community a great place to live.
- In terms of your business, what are you looking forward to in the coming year?
To link the entire Santa Clarita Valley with a social networking system that will benefit the whole community for years to come.
- Are you looking to hire in the coming year?
Yes, with our projected forecast of our business increasing in the coming year, we are looking forward to hiring enthusiastic, highly motivated, and very talented bloggers.