If you have not had pineapple upside down cake for awhile, Ridha’s Kitchen has an excellent recipe for you to follow. Enjoy!
Archive for June, 2012
Welcome to Montreux, Switzerland, the playground of the rich and famous.
Would you want to come home after an incredible trip to the Alaskan wilderness? After a week-long road trip, Sarah and her family certainly did not want to.
Wan-Ting’s wonderful photos from a 20-day work experience trip with EcoFieldTrips to Tioman Island, a small island located 32 km off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia in the state of Pahang, from a scaly-breasted munia (Lonchura punctulata) to an underwater treadmill that was probably used as reef-building material.
At the beginning of May I left for a 20-days work experience trip with EcoFieldTrips, a company that mainly organises and lead fieldtrips in Tioman for school groups. Tioman is a small tropical island on the east coast of Malaysia that’s approximately half the size of Singapore. Most of the island remain happily undeveloped – the main industry is tourism, concentrated in a few small villages along the coast. During the duration of 20 days I did 4 school trips almost back-to-back: UWCSEA 1 (United World College South East Asia), UWCSEA 2, TTS (Tanglin Trust School), and Nexus Kuala Lumpur. UWC and TTS are both international schools in Singapore on the IB (International Baccalaureate) syllabus. The groups were spread out across a spectrum of age groups too. The UWCSEA groups were the oldest (17-18 year olds), Nexus was 15-16, and TTS had the little 12 year old kids. It probably won’t…
View original post 1,168 more words
New Zealand is no stopover to your destination. New Zealand is the destination.
Directions for blog consumption – please select one of the following options
1. If you are a friend or family member please see to option A
2. If you are a budget backpacker please see option B
3. If you are a photography nerd please see option C
4. If you are speak Spanish please see option D
5. If you are a time traveler from the future please see option E
6. If you are an intelligent life form from outer space please see option F
7. If you are another wordpress user see option G
8. If you want to give me money please see option H
To all: I apologize for the eye destroying white on black font scheme
A. Hello friend and/or family member. Here are some pictures of the New Zealand landscape. Thanks for stopping by. Geez, it’s been a long time since we’ve…
View original post 697 more words
Would you give the gifts TV dads received for Father’s Day?
Like a lot of people, next Sunday I’ll be honoring my dear ol’ dad – perhaps in the form of a Home Depot gift card. Because nothing says “thank you for life, love and shelter” like new electrical outlet covers.
But being that I was partially raised by a 1981 television set, I can’t forget to pay tribute to the other dads in my life — my TV dads. So the question is, what do you get for the men who have everything? Boisterous laugh tracks? Top Nielsen ratings? A chance to appear on Hollywood Squares? Here are a few more tangible items:
1) Fred Sanford, Sandord & Sons — a storage shed. You need to face your illness, Dad. You’re a hoarder. And you’re a cantankerous old fart who’s managed to survive 2,384 heart attacks. Your health is obviously fragile so let’s pack away some…
View original post 572 more words