Saving your hard-earned cash can be tough on vacation because of expenses such as buying fast food on the road, going to nice restaurants, doing fun activities, and paying for gas and souvenirs. You don’t have to skip having fun on vacation since, after working or going to school for half the year, you deserve to have a good summer vacation! Here are a few tips on stretching your money while on vacation:
- Watch what you spend your money on; don’t just throw cash away.
- The best souvenir is a picture, so bring a camera (they’re built into most mobile phones nowadays) and take lots of them instead of buying silly knick-knacks you can pick up in the hotel lobby. You can also collect “free souvenirs” like match boxes from hotels and restaurants, room key cards, or ticket stubs.
- Instead of paying loads of money at an amusement park, go sit pool side at the hotel or go to the beach. Quality time there is not just free, it is fun!
- Have budgets for hotel rooms, activities, and food. Don’t overspend!
- Make sure your trip is planned out well in advance to ensure that you know what you and your wallet are getting into.
Vacations are a great way to recharge your batteries, but spending money can be difficult to do this summer. Plan out your vacation right and budget your trip so that you can avoid spending traps. Remember to have a fun, stress-free time! You do not have to spend as much money to have fun as you think.