Every high school girl dreams of having the perfect prom dress, perfect date, and perfect night. What if you could win a scholarship up to $5,000 because of how great you and your date dress? The catch is, the dress and tuxedo need to be made of duct tape. The first place winners receive $5,000, second place winners receive $3,000, and third place winners receive $2,000.
There are some rules that come with this contest:
- No purchase is necessary. On the contest website, Duck brand duct tape is sold, but you do not have to buy your dress- or tux- making materials from there.
- You and your date must be legal U.S. or Canadian residents.
- Both of you must be at least 14 years old.
The contest began on March 7th this year and ends on June 13th, 2011. The judges will use the same judging criteria on each contest entrant and will select ten finalists who will move on to public voting. The judging criteria are based on workmanship, originality, use of color, accessories, and, most importantly, use of duct tape. Public voting will begin on June 17, 2011 and will be held on www.stuckatprom.com until July 11, 2011. There will be honorable mentions for Best Purse, Best Corsage, Best Shoes, Best Tie, Best Jewelry, and Best Prop, but no cash prizes will be given to the honorable mention winners. This contest is a great way to get a scholarship and create a great memory for your prom!
EDIT: Mark your calendars! Here are the dates you must keep in mind for 2012:
- Entry Period Begins – Wed, March 7, 2012
- Entry Period Ends – Wed, June 13, 2012
- Top 10 Announced – Mon, June 18, 2012
- Voting Begins – Mon, June 18, 2012
- Voting Ends – Wed, July 11, 2012
- Winners Announced – Thurs, July 12, 2012
Good luck to all the contestants!