As we come to the end of February 2011, let’s take a look at what we have to look forward to in March 2011. I’m sure most of you have heard of monthly observances such as “Black History Month” or “Hispanic Heritage Month” but believe it or not, the list of monthly observances for each month is pretty long. There is even a list of daily holidays that aren’t recognized on the yearly calendar. Some might consider these observances and holidays silly, but I’ll let you be the judge of that. Here is a list of just some of the observances and holidays in the month of March.
- Adopt a Rescued Guinea Pig Month
- Bell Peppers and Broccoli Month
- Berries and Cherries Month
- National Caffeine Awareness Month
- National Frozen Food Month
- Sing with your Child Month
Holidays in March
- March 1 – Pig Day
- March 2 – Dr. Seuss Day
- March 3 – What if Cats and Dogs had Opposable Thumbs? Day
- March 4 – National Grammar Day
- March 14 – Pi Day
- March 19 – International Chocolate Carmel Day
- March 30 – Pencil Day
So if you enjoy celebrating holidays such as the annual St. Patrick’s Day held every March 17th, I hope this list has enlightened you on some new ones. Whether you think they are silly or not, people came up with them for a reason. Let’s hope that this March is the best one yet! After all, it is “International Expect Success Month”.