Rick Montoya, President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Spacetron Metal Bellows in Santa Clarita, California, wants to pass on the knowledge of welding to a new generation of welders who may very well design, construct, and launch hardware destined for outer space. With that in mind, Rick created the “Aerospace Welding Apprentice Program“.
Spacetron Metal Bellows’ program is designed to take apprentices through a rigorous, one-year program, working on actual aerospace hardware and learning the techniques for welding groups 1-4 and 6. Part of the apprentice’s training includes learn the techniques of titanium structures, welding bellows, tubing, ducting, hose assemblies, tanks, pressure vessels, piping and machined parts. While the program turns apprentices into high-quality welders, companies that hire this newly forged lot benefit in many ways:
- Allows your company to maintain its production schedule without reallocating welders/welding operators and/or QA Staff for training purposes.
- Having the apprentice observe, learn, and prepare for the welding of the Aerospace hardware to be performed by a certified aerospace welder, Spacetron Metal Bellows.
- Being able to meet production schedules and ship hardware to your customers, meeting all your company and NADCAP Welding requirements while the apprentice is going through the on-the-job apprentice program.
- Able to increase new programs by adding new certified aerospace welders and/or welding operators to your company team.
- After the completed Apprentice Program, you will have a certified aerospace welder and/or welding operators ready to join your team with the experience needed to work on your aerospace products, with the freshness to be molded into your company’s operating philosophy.
If you feel that you are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace welding, or if you’d like your employees to undergo additional training, please contact Rick Montoya.
Tags: aerospace industry, Aerospace Welding Apprentice Program, bellow assemblies, CVC Transporter, Cygnus program, Flower Blossoms, gas tungsten arc welding, GTAW, I am titanium, Inconel bellows, man-rated flight hardware, Nadcap, Orbital Sciences, Rockwell International, RPK, Santa Clarita, Space Shuttle, Spacetron Metal Bellows, Spacetron Vacuum Chamber, stainless steel bellows, titanium assemblies, titanium chamber welding, titanium structures, welded machine hardware