“MagicJack: How to Make International Calls for Free”?
I consider making an international call the following: picking up the phone, dialing 011, and then the rest of the phone number. I have some bad news: it is nigh impossible to make free international calls this way, with any telephone device.
However, there is a way to call internationally for free. For example, if you’ve called customer service of, say, your cable or credit card company, some of those calls reached India, the Philippines, or even Argentina. Even though your call to customer service started with a toll-free 800 number, the call to the call centers in different countries were, no doubt, international.
How do you call internationally for free? First, a list of items you need:
- Internet Connection, preferably high-speed or broadband
- A regular phone
Here are the instructions for account setup:
- Purchase a MagicJack. They are available in many places such as department stores, office supply stores, and even gas station mini marts. Trust me, I saw the MagicJack being sold side-by-side with cigarettes at 7-11. They retail between US$20-$40 but are worth the initial investment.
- Turn on your computer. Install the MagicJack in an open USB port. The device will connect to the company’s main server, download additional files and begin setup. Do not install the regular phone into the MagicJack at this time.
- If you are so inclined during setup, you may choose to register a second MagicJack, opt to start with a five-year contract immediately for additional savings, or order vanity phone numbers. For the sake of these instructions, decline these offers. You will also be offered pre-paid minutes for international calls. Decline this offer.
- When choosing a phone number, provide your city, state, and area code. A phone number will be assigned and will become the phone number local to your area.
- Once setup is complete, plug the phone into the MagicJack. Incoming calls test: Call the new phone number from your landline or cell phone. Outgoing calls test: Call your landline or cell phone from the phone connected to the MagicJack.
- This is the most important step. Mail the MagicJack and phone to your friend or family member overseas. All they have to do is connect the MagicJack to a USB port in their computer. Once the software is installed, they can make their own calls back home using the log in information you provided during setup, and all calls will appear local.
The MagicJack can save you a lot of money, especially if you call friends or relatives in different countries very frequently. You must setup MagicJack correctly, however, so that you and your friends and relatives can call and receive calls internationally for free. The MagicJack may even provide you with new ways to connect with parts of the world where the cost of telecommunications is very high. Calling internationally for free with the MagicJack couldn’t be more simple.
Tags: 011, 800, Argentina, blog, broadband, calls, computer, contract, customer service, free international calls, high speed, incoming, India, international, landline, MagicJack, money saver, outgoing, Philippines, phone, telecommunications, USB