As we come to the end of July 2011, let’s take a look at what we have to look forward to in August 2011. I’m sure most of you have heard of weekly observances such as “American Indian Heritage Month” but, believe it or not, the list of weekly observances is pretty long. There is also a list of daily holidays that aren’t recognized on most yearly calendar.
- Exercise with Your Child Week
- Feeding Pets of the Homeless Week
- Knights of Columbus Family Week
- Elvis Week
- National Resurrect Romance Week
- National Aviation Week
Holidays in August
- August 5 – National Chocolate Chip Day
- August 6 – National Mustard Day
- August 7 – Purple Heart Day
- August 8 – Sneak Some Zucchini onto your Neighbor’s Porch Night
- August 12 – International Youth Day
- August 19 – Hug Your Boss Day
- August 26 – Women’s Equality Day
So if you enjoy celebrating holidays, I hope this list has enlightened you on some new ones. Whether you feel they its appropriate or not, people came up with them for a reason. Let’s hope that this August is the best one yet! After all, it is “National Happiness Happens Month”.